And because posting New Year Resolutions is a sham (honestly, who gets to keep all of them?) I decided to try something new this time around.
2011 have taught me a lot of lessons but it has also given me so much, far far greater than what I expected when I was welcoming the year with mental images of what I wanted to accomplish by the end of the year.
And because life happens in unexpected ways, let's start off this year by veering off the normal road of resolutions. Instead of empty promises, here are the quotes I
promise vow try my darnest to live by this Apocalyptic year of 2012. *enter Jay Sean song here before it gets obsolete*
10. When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. -- Erma Bombeck
9. It's not always rainbows and butterflies. It's compromise that moves us along. - Maroon 5 "She Will Be Loved"
8. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. -- Oprah
7. Look, I don't want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you're alive you've got to flap your arms and legs, you've got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death, and therefore you must at very least think noisy and colorfully, or you're not alive. -- Mel Brooks
6. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all. In which case, you've failed by default. -- J. K. Rowling,
5. Too many people undervalue what they are and overvalue what they're not. - DJ Mo Twister (via Twitter)
4. I wasn't born to follow, and I'm not sure I was born to lead. But one thing I know, I was born to walk my path. - @Itslifenotes on Twitter
3. “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?” ― Rumi (Islam Quote)
2. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
1. Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls. -- Joseph Campbell
The years teach much which the days never know.