Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Okay, so I did not succeed in my 50 books read this year goal but 34 books is not that bad. Especially since I virtually did not spend a cent in getting all these wonderful novels (unless you count Internet provider fees). Reading is a lifelong passion and unless I go blind in the future, I don't think I will ever stop what I love most. Even then I'll probably just listen to audio books. Anyway, here is the grand list of all the books, all the worlds and unique lives that I've lived in this year.

In chronological order:
  1. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
  2. The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  3. The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks
  4. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
  5. Claiming of Sleeping Beauty - Anne Rice
  6. Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding
  7. Draco Dormiens - Cassandra Claire (Fanfiction, read for the 3rd time)
  8. Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
  9. The Reader - Bernhard Schlink
  10. Beauty's Punishment - Anne Rice
  11. Nights in Rodanthe - Nicholas Sparks
  12. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister - Gregory Maguire
  13. Draco Sinister - Cassandra Claire (Fanfiction, read for the 2nd time)
  14. Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marguez
  15. The Winner Stands Alone - Paulo Coelho
  16. The Ultimate Harry Potter Cliche Catalogue - Clam Chowder (Fanfiction, read for the 2nd time)
  17. Draco Veritas - Cassandra Claire (Fanfiction)
  18. Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
  19. New Moon - Stephanie Meyer
  20. Eclipse - Stephanie Meyer
  21. Atonement - Ian McEwan
  22. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
  23. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
  24. Draco Malfoy, the Amazing Bouncing Rat - Maya (Fanfiction, read for the 2nd time)
  25. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
  26. The Gun Seller - Hugh Laurie
  27. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
  28. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
  29. He's Just Not That Into You - Greg Brehrendt
  30. The Carrie Diaries - Candace Bushnell
  31. The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
  32. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - JK Rowling (Read for the 5th time)
  33. I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  34. Uglies - Scott Westerfeid
Let's all see together if 2011 can top off this one. As for the meantime, my first ever annual book awards is up next. My dearest wish is that the future generation will lay off the PSPs and the Farmvilles for just a while, crack open a book and discover the possibilities.

      0 comments:

      Post a Comment

      Blog Widget by LinkWithin