Sunday, April 17, 2011

There is something oddly satisfying playing God in a highly graphic and detailed virtual world where you can practically do whatever you like. The Sims 3 is an addicting alternate universe where you can create Sims with the look, personality and even life aspiration of your choice and guide them through a 3D world which you, yourself, has helped create.

I don't know about other players, but even as a 20-something young professional, I found this game highly addicting and entertaining. When I was a kid, I used to play with Barbies and doll houses complete with a highly detailed storyline in my head. I think this is exactly the same thing but with more potential because of the availability of interactive items, self-designed houses and personal relationships between Sims. If this kind of technology was invented in early 90's, I would've went insane from all the story-telling possibilities of the game.



So with all the stress and limitations that comes with real life, it's nice to have something to escape to where there are no boundaries and an unlimited number of possibilities exist. Even if it only exist in my laptop. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin